So Where Do I Go From Here? Looking At What Maybe To Come In 2012.

We are now almost at the close of 2011 and I have started to reflect on this year's genealogy journey and I wonder where it will take me next year. I am certainly hoping for a chance to dive further back on my paternal side of the family. My father's side of the family has been challenging in regards to finding out information. My father's father came from St Philip's Parish, Barbados and my father's mother's line has proved to be the greatest challenge of all. My grandmother's mother came from Wilmington, NC  according to family oral history. After this, much is a mystery regarding the woman I refer to as "Miss Ella." I call her Miss Ella because it seems to be the only thing that had remained consistent about her name over the years. She became involved with the church associated with Father Divine and did not remain in contact with the rest of the family. Maybe with the release of the 1940 census, I might be able to crack this brick wall. We'll see.

Of course there is more work to be done on my maternal line so I will continue to share my findings with everyone. I am so glad I started blogging. There are so many amazing family stories out there. I am thankful for the camaraderie that exist between those in Geneabloggers Community.  Here's to a wonderful 2012 everyone!

Comments

  1. I really look forward to hearing about Miss Ella with Father Divine. I was doing some research on Father Divine when I went to New York. There were lots of info at the Schomburg library and lots of photos.

    I had found some on e-bay also..

    Your journey is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020