Military Monday: World War II Draft Registration Cards --John T. Harrison and George A. Harrison

Military Monday: World War II Draft Registration Cards --John T. Harrison and George A. Harrison --How Did I Get Here? My Amazing Genealogy Journey
WWII Draft Registration Card for John Thomas Harrsion Jr.
Source Citation: The National Archives Southeast Region; Atlanta, GA; Records of the Selective Service System, 1926-1975; Record Group: RG 147; Class: RG147, North Carolina World War II Draft Registration Cards; Box Number: 155.


Military Monday: World War II Draft Registration Cards --John T. Harrison and George A. Harrison --How Did I Get Here? My Amazing Genealogy Journey
WWII Draft Registration Card for George Augustus Harrison
Source Citation: The National Archives Southeast Region; Atlanta, GA; Records of the Selective Service System, 1926-1975; Record Group: RG 147; Class: RG147, North Carolina World War II Draft Registration Cards; Box Number: 155.



John Thomas Harrison Jr. and George Augustus Harrison were my grand uncles. They were siblings of my maternal grandfather, Lemuel Richard Harrison.

I like draft cards because they help to give a quick snapshot into the lives of people. From these cards, I know places of employment for both men and that George still resided in his childhood home. John Thomas Harrison Jr, the eldest of thirteen, had established himself at a separate address. 

I will have to see if I can find any information online about the places that they worked at.



Comments

  1. Hi I really like your blog. You have a nice variety of subjects & its not boring. Keep up the great blogging.

    DuSyl of DuSyl.blogspot.com Come check out my blog. See if I have as many interesting post as you do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020