Wordless Wednesday: Morehead City School Picture?



This picture is from my grandmother's family album. I think it is perhaps a school picture from the old Morehead City Negro school, but I don't know that for certain. On the back of it, Linwood Bryant's name is written on it. Linwood Bryant was my grand uncle, a sibling to my maternal grandmother Mary Horton. I am assuming the people who have x's on them were perhaps school friends or family. I have no idea who Mattie is in regards to family relations. In the front row, 3rd from the left there is a a boy with a star marked in ink on him and the word "boy" in front of him. Could this be Linwood? 

Here's a picture of the Bryant siblings as adults. Linwood is in the center of the shot. What do you think?




Comments

  1. I think it is the same person. The face and the ears are the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyes are similar. I also think it is the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback Claudia and LindaRe! So perhaps it is Linwood Bryant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I three think it's the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photo Andrea, and like everyone else, I do think it is Linwood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020