Now That's What I Call A Phone Call! -- Part two

If you missed part one, here's the link: Now That's What I Call A Phone Call! -- Part one

With phone number in hand, I didn't let time have a chance to set deterrents in the way. I picked up the phone and made the call and crossed my fingers all at the same time. Ring...Ring...Ring...(oh please pick up the phone...oh please pick up the phone...Ring...Ring...Ring...oh no I think she's not home...Ring...Ring...Ring..yup going to voicemail...sigh.) Then, I think that's okay. Voice-mail is not rejection. Think of it as an invitation. So I leave a pleasant upbeat message and pray hopefully she will be open and call me back. 

It was the afternoon, about an hour before my kids come home from school and I thought that I could probably squeeze in a quick grocery shop like any good multi-tasking mother would.  Message left, I decided well, I am off to the store. The grocery store is close to my house and so I'm there in like five minutes. I pull into a parking space and my cell phone goes off. I look down and believe it or not, it is my cousin who I had just left the message with. A moment of panic sets in as I scour the inside of my car for a piece of paper and a pen so I can write down notes. Instantaneously, I know I have to answer this call. Why, you may ask? What if this is the one moment that this person is open and feels free to talk to me. What  if this is the moment that they have cast their own fears aside and said...you know what, I am going to call her back. I know I have to take this call and so I do.

"Hello" I say as I answer the phone and I pause and pray silently in my head. I say to myself, please Lord, let her spirit be open.



Microsoft Office downloaded image


To be continued.....

Comments

  1. She called you back, that's a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - I don't know why but the first few comments on your posts always show up mixed in with the photos for "you may also like" and they are nearly impossible to read :-( Although now that I'm in the edit mode they are fine. Huh?

    You are a tease - I can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi is right . . . you are being a tease with this one . . . LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020