Riverdale Community Cemetery Survey

Where my ancestors are buried at Riverdale Community Cemetery.
Riverdale, NC

I keep going back to it. Over the last couple of days, I have found myself reviewing a survey of the individuals buried at Mt Olive Methodist Cemetery or as it is referred to now as Riverdale Community Cemetery. This isn't the first time I've reviewed these pages but I just get a feeling right now there is something I am supposed to figure out. Perhaps someone's story is about to be revealed.

Anyway, I decided that it would probably be a good idea to share this information because it is an older rural cemetery. There are many unmarked and/or sunken graves there. Due to the elements and time, more markers will be lost. So before their names are forgotten, here is the survey information.  This information was compiled by The Eastern North Carolina Genealogical Society and is from a book called "Craven County, North Carolina Cemeteries Vol. 2" (Please note, the handwritten notations are mine. These corrections are for people I have researched.)









Comments

  1. The NC archives has a Craven County cemetery survey from 1937. They have them for many counties, done by the WPA.

    I've found old graves listed in this collection that are no longer visible or legible. The Craven County link is:

    http://digital.ncdcr.gov/u?/p15012coll1,35498

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, Thank you so much! I am so there :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020