Thinking of Mom Mom and Granddaddy Today

My paternal grandparents
Ethel and Harold Murrell

Missing you. It always hits me near Thanksgiving. 
I close my eyes grandma and I am back sitting at the table in your tiny kitchen. The smell of fresh baked roles floats in the air while you work feverishly to prepare the greatest gastronomical feast of all time, until the following year when that meal takes the title. Grandpa, I miss the smell of Old Spice and the scratchiness of your face when you hadn't shaved. I miss accompanying you as you would take Shane, your dog and my afternoon playmate out for a walk. Wish you were here. It's a little early but, Happy Thanksgiving in heaven. 

Comments

  1. I know how you feel. If only there was a way to go back in time for one of those holidays when everybody was still alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I wish I could just have one more chance to tell them how much I loved them.

      Delete
  2. Beautifully sentimental.Same here .I miss mine too much . I think I stay in touch with them by working on the family history . As I get older , those memories get stronger . BTW , I am learning so much about how you find things in NC on here .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020