Wordless Wednesday: My Handsome Grandpa

Lemuel Harrison --my maternal grandfather pictured center
I was looking through one of my mother's old picture albums today and came across this one.
I love how handsome and young he looks. Also, I love how you just catch my brother's eyes in the bottom right corner of the shot.  I think this picture was taken in 1971. My uncle Ricky is the one with glasses and I think that is my mother's step-brother Harry in the background. Looks like the basement at grandpa's house.

Comments

  1. You look kinda like him, don't you. He looks so happy too. I like your brother is just there in the corner looking at us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin, I like that my brother sneaked into the shot too. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great picture! Pictures like this so wonderfully capture what it was like at family gatherings in the 1960s and 70s--the homemade layer cake, the wood paneling on the walls, the Corelle Ware plates, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly got that right in regards to the wood paneling and homemade layer cake. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Your grandpa is a handsome man, I like his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is definitely a family resemblance among you all. great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angella! My brother most definitely favors his grandfather. I am starting to see it in myself. I always felt like I looked more like my dad though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020