Fearless Females Blog Post: Best Advice From My Mom



This blog prompt comes from Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist. She has created 31 blog prompts in honor of Women's History Month. If you haven't read her blog yet, take some time and check it out.


March 30 — Did you receive any advice or words of wisdom from your mother or another female ancestor?

I received the best advice ever from my mom recently. I truly have come to savor every time she comes over to visit. I see so thoroughly that I come from her. Looking at her feels often like I'm looking into the future at some older wiser reflection of myself. We are not identical in thought but the similarities between us are abundant and obvious. With that being said, we had a lovely conversation at my dining room table. As usual, it was me sipping on coffee while she talked about her day's events and things she planned to do later in the week. She is a gorgeous woman. Mom always takes the time out to make sure that not a hair is out of place and her ensemble is perfectly coordinated. Nails did. You get the picture. Mom is fly and she knows it. :) I love that about her. 

Anyway, as she got up to leave and was heading down the stairs toward my front door, I stopped her. I had to tell her that her jacket and purse were so gorgeously coordinated. Then I told her that I admired her for always taking the time to put herself together. She turned looked up at me and said, "Let me give you the best piece of advice. Live! You can't take it with you. Live and take care of yourself, because tomorrow isn't promised to anyone." 

Love you mom. You give the best advice!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020