Something About Me Saturday: Camp Pictures 1977--1980


I attended Robin Hood Day Camp from 1977--1980. I am not sure where the camp actually was. I lived in Cambria Heights, NY and I do remember that a yellow school bus would come and pick my brother and I up from our house in the morning and return us in the evening. I distinctly remember this being the first time I was around white and Asian people. I couldn't believe how straight their hair was and that they could just wear it out and not in braids.








Comments

  1. I had no problem finding you in the pictures. These must be treasures for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face hasn't changed much :) Yes I do treasure these. My mom gave them to me just a few years ago and I was so surprised she still had them. I don't know why I was surprised now that I come to think of it. Moms save everything don't they?

      Delete
  2. What a terrific group of pictures--and you have 4 years in a row. I'm trying to pick you out of the group. I'm guessing you are the one with a red clip in your hair in the first picture, and a green clip in your hair in pictures 2 and 3. In picture 4, is that you in the middle of the third row back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on all of the above. My mom had a great time braiding my hair when I was a kid. God bless her. She had tremendous patience to do all that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020