Thankful Thursday: Thankful To Have Found Elizabeth Jones

Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


How many of you out there can relate to this pose? I call this the "I just found it! Yeah boyeeeee!" pose. It usually happens when you come cross a really meaty genealogy nugget that provides answers to questions and tons of bonus information. Some folks out there may call it the "Damn, I'm good" pose. Whatever you may want to call it, this is the exact pose I held after finding Elizabeth Jones's probate record. 

For those of you who are new to Elizabeth Jones, she was my maternal 2nd great grand aunt. Here's how you get to Elizabeth Jones from me.

-- me 
-- my mom
-- Mary Bryant Horton(grandma)
--Ophelia Jones Bryant (great grandma)
--Alexander Hamilton Jones (great great grandfather)

Elizabeth Jones was Alexander Hamilton Jones's sister.

Now on a post I put out earlier in the week called, Mappy Monday: YooHoo, Elizabeth Jones Where Are You?, I found an Elizabeth Jones living at 2124 Fitzwater St in Philadelphia. How did I know that this was my Elizabeth. Well it took a little bit more digging. Specifically, I found on the FamilySearch.org website under the North Carolina Probate Records 1735-1970; Carteret County Wills, 1925-1948 Vol. G, my great grand aunt's probate record. 


(Part One)


(Part Two)

(Part Three)

(Part Four)

(Part Five)

(Part Six)

Lots of names are listed in this record. It's getting late and my eyes are kind of drowsy, so I will have to pick up with the who's who tomorrow. Until then, everyone have a good night. :)

Comments

  1. Yaaayyy! Great research as usual. And a Jones too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you are good!!! So the people listed in her will, from Morehead City, must have been her relatives, and the Henry C. Jones who was executor lived also in Philadelphia. I'll be interested to read the rest of the story and the explanations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020