Something About Me Saturday ---Who Is This Crazy Gardening Lady?!



Guess What? I've been bitten by the gardening bug. That's right. I can hardly believe it myself. For some reason when I was younger, I looked at the whole gardening thing as a waste of time. I was too cool for it or  I never had enough time to set aside to do it properly or a billion other lame excuses that I came up with over the years. Well, what started off as something to do with the kids so that they would enjoy doing, has turned into a wonderful pastime for me. Hee hee! Who knew, me the gardener. Ha! There is something to be said for wiggling your toes in the dirt and planting.








Comments

  1. Your garden looks WONDERFUL Andrea! I must admit that I've been thinking a lot about creating an herb garden trellis that I saw on the Home Depot DIY blog a week or so ago. You have certainly inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Each plant is like a separate decoration, a special "object." I have one friend who knows how to do flatbeds, which you picture here, and I consider that advanced gardening -- starting from seeds or very young plants.

    Although I "garden" in my way, the best I can do is to buy a plant from the garden shop, feed it and aerate the soil, and try to keep it alive until it blooms again the next spring. I agree with you about wiggling your toes in the dirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariann! I am trying a new approach in my life by trying to incorporate more beauty around me. The garden is another way of me doing this. So far it is looking good. Waiting for my lettuce in the third bed to come up. We will see what happens :)

      Delete
  3. How does your garden grow? It is a pretty one and I can see your children enjoying their gardening activities..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had pretty good luck with eggplant, lettuce, green beans, cucumber and squash in the past. We are trying those again this year as well as tomatoes and basil.

      Delete
  4. I concur Andrea! I love to play in the dirt ever since a child! Now I don't find as much time for it as I use to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until recently I forgot how much fun it was to play in the dirt. I hope you are able to find some time to do it again :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020