The Book Of Me: Prompt 6 --Journals and Diaries

Image courtesy of Nuttapong/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net

For details about The Book Of Me, Written By You project created by Julie Goucher, of the Anglers Rest blog, please refer to this link  http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html

Prompt 6: Journals and Diaries

Do you keep a journal or diary?
How far back do they go? What do you record?
Where do you keep them?
Do you always buy the same one or vary them?
Have you inherited any?
Do you intend to pass along your journals or destroy them?
Pictures - Do you have a favourite?
What do you use to write with – biro, pencil, ink or fountain pen?

Do you keep a journal or diary?

I wish I could say I had this magical collection of beautiful journals stored in a closet or bookcase or something.  The truth is I don't. I am one of those people who has had all good intentions of starting a journal and maintaining one and once I get past a week or two of having one, I usually give up. Ain't that terrible? Oh well. Right now I kind of look at my blog as being my on-line journal of my family history finds as well as a bit of the goings on in my own little family.

Have you inherited any?

Nope.

Do you intend to pass along your journals or destroy them?

If I had a paper journal, I could never see the purpose in destroying something so precious. Hopefully what I have shared via cyberspace will continue go on into the future and my descendants will have the ability to view the information.  I save and backup on my computer my blog posts as well as make print outs of what I write. I am looking forward to the day when my kids will want to sit down and read a bit of what I have written. The thought of that makes me smile. I already told my oldest to not throw out any of my history books or information. Those are for him to keep or if he doesn't want them, his sister is to have them.  If neither of them want any of it, then they are to donate my books to a library.

Pictures-- Do you have a favorite?

This is my favorite picture in my family history collection. It's the one that lit a fire in me to find out more about my family. The portrait hung on the wall of my maternal grandmother's bedroom. 


Ophelia Jones Bryant
My maternal great grandmother

What do you use to write with – biro, pencil, ink or fountain pen?

Laptop

Comments

  1. That photograph is so intensely beautiful. I can see how and why it inspired your quest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful my great grandmother took this picture. It has sparked so much.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful photograph. The way she looks at us, with her head tilted...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020