The Book Of Me: Prompt 16 --Message In A Bottle

Image courtesy of Microsoft Office Images


If you are not familiar with this wonderful project that was created by Julie Goucher of the Angler's Rest blog, please refer to this link: http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html
This week’s prompt is – Message in a Bottle
If you were to physically write or virtually write a message to place into a bottle what would you write?
Do you live by the sea and are able to potentially throw into the Ocean? Or perhaps a river
Do you feel strongly that you would not "litter" in this way - in which case you may complete the task virtually
What would you like to happen with the message?
Do you hope it is picked up somewhere, miles from home?
Are you going to create a secret email account in case it is picked up and someone emails you
Or would you like to write an anonymous note to someone that you know
Or write a message to a deceased loved one?

If I were to write a message in a bottle, I don't think I would put my contact information in the message. I would like to remain anonymous and just pass on some kind words of encouragement. 

These are a list of things I tell myself to keep my sanity.  The finder of my message might find them helpful as well.

1) Take time to be still, listen to your breath and think of nothing.

2) Take time and be still and think of the ones you love.

3) Pray

4) Dream

5) Have Faith

6) Look to the sun for the answers that may guide your soul.

7) Never give up, but you may need to take a break every once in a while.

I imagine that somewhere out on the other side of the world, someone may need a message of hope to uplift them. 

I love the prose of Rumi, so I think I would include some of his words as well.  These are a few of his quotes I really appreciate.

If light is in your heart, you will find your way home.

As you live deeper in the heart, the mirror gets clearer and cleaner.

Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?

I do travel once a year to Cape Cod, so I would probably release my message in the bottle into the sea then. Ocean currents are crazy, so who knows where it might wind up?

I think I would also include a few words on how genealogy has influenced my life for the positive. I would strongly encourage whoever received my letter to check into their own family history, if they haven't already done so.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020