The Book Of Me: Prompt 25 --Love

If you are not familiar with this wonderful project that was created by Julie Goucher of the Angler's Rest blog, please refer to this link:
http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html.

This week’s prompt is Love

Love comes in varying shapes and sizes
I love you
I love ice cream
I love the smell of rain, Spring, toast
I love my (insert your family member, pet etc)
There is no right or wrong way to love….or is there?
Define what love means to you.

This week's prompt I've decided to tackle by just letting my mind babble out what first comes to mind when I think of love.

What does love mean to you?

Love is what makes this thing called life all worth it. 
It's the glue that keeps families together.
It's what a mother feels as she smells the top of her newborn baby's head.
It's the hug and comfort a crying child needs.
It's roses presented to the man or woman you love.
It's a declaration.
It's devotion.
It's being open even when someone else's heart is closed.
It's the essence of being alive.
It's why we are here. 
It's love.

There is no right or wrong way to love….or is there?

If your love is conditional, then you're doing it wrong.

These are some of the things I love in no particular order.

I love...
quiet
sunshine
my husband
my kids 
my family
my best friend
the colors green, blue, and purple
books
learning
conversations
the beach
trees
blue skies with big fluffy clouds
being in love
truth
hope
honesty
forgiveness
growing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020