The Book Of Me: Prompt 41 --Blood Group



If you are not familiar with this wonderful project that was created by Julie Goucher of the Angler's Rest blog, please refer to this link: http://www.anglers-rest.net/book-of-me-written-by-you.html

This week's prompt is - Blood Group

Do you know your blood group? Many people don't.
In fact here in the UK many General Practitioners (family doctors) do not even know or have it on record.
A simple and yet important snippet of information.
Do you have a popular blood group?
What about other members of your family?

I am O+. I found out what type I was when I was a teenager and there was a blood drive held at the high school I attended. I've donated blood a few times over the years but not recently. That's something I should look into doing again soon. 

I've included a link to the American Red Cross website which does a great job explaining the differences in blood types: http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types.
I found especially interesting how blood type percentages varied among people of different ethnicities.


I think I might be able to knock out two of these prompts today. Woohoo! Wish me luck. We'll see. (Smile)

Comments

  1. I need blood and plasma to LIVE. So Thanks Everybody who Donates to keep a person like me ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow True. I didn't know. Well than I need to make it a point to donate blood sooner than later. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten into the whole blood grouping part of genealogy yet! New and exciting world for me. I just put together County Clerks Contact Info site recently to help people looking for records. Maybe soon blood!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020