Something About Me Saturday: I've Been A Clutter Bug.

I'm making some changes around my house to get more organized. I admit I have spent most of my life being a bit of a clutter bug but that's being phased out around here. I have to thank my best friend for providing me with the inspiration for this. Seeing the wonderful changes she's done in her home has definitely gotten me thinking that there is a better way to do things. The end result is that by setting up organizational systems in my house, I ultimately will have more time to do the things that I love. One of those things being genealogy of course :)


So far I've cleared out and organized the fridge and the cupboard. I used to go food shopping and then quickly come home and throw things in the fridge any which way and as a result I would lose track of what was in there. Stuff got buried or pushed further in the back that should have been rotated up front for use before spoiling. No more! Like is with like. Things that are used frequently are up front on top shelf or in the door of the fridge. Fruits and vegatables are stored in the keepers like they are supposed to. No longer are apples and oranges hidden in various plastic bags facing a long slow decay. They are washed and placed in bins where they can be seen and eaten. It's really working out well so far. Plus there's the added good feeling of when I open the refrigerator door now I see the fruits of my labor. (Pun intended.) It just plain looks nice. 

On another subject, I am enjoying some tunes I haven't listened to in a while specifically, music that helps me relax. I had forgotten how much I loved the soundtrack to the movie The Piano. The movie came out in 1993 when I was attending college. If I recall correctly, I purchased the soundtrack before I had even seen the movie. That soundtrack I would play as I was studying or doing homework. It was soothing and intoxicating at the same time. I could drift away to a far away place and yet still get my work done. I was looking for a sensory escape the other day after being around noisy children for a while and so I popped on my headphones and started listening to stuff on Youtube. Then I remembered that soundtrack. Oh what a gem. I have to remember to use tools like music to help soothe me. Just 5 minutes can make such a difference in my mood.

Here's a couple of things I've been listening to.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020