52 Ancestors --2015 Edition: #2 Melba Lee Gwyn McCarther


Amy Johnson Crow of the blog No Story Too Small is back hosting the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Blog Prompt series in 2015. If you are not familiar with the project please click on the following link: Announcing 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks: 2015 Edition.

This week's theme:

Week 2, King — January 8 is Elvis’ birthday. January 15 is the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Do either of these “Kings” remind you of an ancestor? Or, taken another way, do you have a connection to royalty? Did you ancestor flee from an oppressive king?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to use this week's theme for my post. As of now, I don't know of any connection to royalty and I can't think of a way of tying in Martin Luther King, Jr. with one of my ancestors. This week's ancestor is linked to week one's though. 

Melba Lee Gwyn McCarther was the younger sister to the ancestor I featured here last week, Gloria Beth Gwyn Davis. She was my 1st cousin 1x removed and also my godmother. When I was a child, my godparents and their daughter Keisha would usually visit NY in the summertime. My aunt, Loris Bryant Gwyn, who was Melba's mother would usually travel along with them and they would would all stay at my aunt Rosa's house in Jamaica, Queens, NY. Rosa Bryant Sanders was Loris's sister.


52 Ancestors --2015 Edition #2 Melba Lee Gwyn McCarther How Did I Get Here? My Amazing Genealogy Journey
My Aunt Loris is pictured center with daughters
 Gloria on the left and Melba on the right.


Melba Lee Gwyn McCarther
My Godmother and 1st cousin 1x removed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A Long Time

Amanuensis Monday: Charity Ambrose Deed to Mt. Olive Methodist Church

Pink Invitational 2020